Sunday, October 21, 2012

Little Friends For Peace

I've been involved with the organization Little Friends For Peace(LFFP), since I was 3 years old. I've learned so much about different issues in the world from this camp,which have resided with me, even from that young age. I was taught about peace makers such as Wangari Maathai who planted trees of peace, Sadako Sasaki and her thousand paper cranes, Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., and many more.

For the past 4 summers I've been a junior counselor at camp. Being a counselor gives me the opportunity to help kids learn the values of a peaceful lifestyle, and problem solving-which will stay with many of these kids throughout their lives. This camp is amazing for so many reasons. The founders of LFFP MJ and Jerry Park have been prominent role models in my life. They are always there for me and my family, and more importantly- have touched the lives of thousands of kids and adults. Being apart of this camp with my brother  and some of my best friends, is my favorite part of the summer. 

I hope to stay with this organization throughout my teen and adult years. Something as rare and valuable as this camp is worth sustaining and expanding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment